The House of Perkūnas in Kaunas

The House of Perkūnas is one of the most original and archaic Gothic secular buildings, located in the Old Town of Kaunas, Lithuania. Originally built by Hanseatic merchants and served as their offic...

Church of St. Gertrude in Kaunas

Church of St. Gertrude (Lithuanian: Šv. Gertrūdos bažnyčia) is located in the Old Town of Kaunas and is one of the oldest and in the same time one of the most beautiful Brick Gothic churches in Lithu...

Pažaislis monastery and church in Kaunas

Pažaislis monastery and church (Lithuanian: Pažaislio vienuolynas ir bažnyčia) form the largest monastery complex in Lithuania. It is the most magnificent example of Italian Baroque architecture in t...

The Town Hall of Kaunas

The Town Hall of Kaunas (Lithuanian: Kauno rotušė) stands in the middle of the Town Hall Square at the heart of the Old Town. The construction of Kaunas town hall started in 1542. At first it was a o...

Vytautas the Great Mosque

Kaunas Mosque or Vytautas the Great Mosque (Lithuanian: Vytauto Didžiojo Mečetė) is one of four remaining mosques in Lithuania. It is located in the centre of the Kaunas. Interesting fact is that it ...

The Historical Presidential Palace

The Historical Presidential Palace (Lithuanian: Istorinė Prezidentūra) is a Neo-baroque building in the Old Town of Kaunas, Lithuania that served as the Presidential Palace during the interwar years....

Vytautas’ the Great Church in Kaunas

The church was built on the north bank of the Nemunas (Nieman) River around 1400 for Franciscan monks and foreign merchants. It was ordered and funded by the Grand Duke Vytautas as a commendation to ...